Less than 24 hours after the suspected Islamic sect members attacked churches in Kaduna and Zaria, Damaturu, the Yobe State capital, today came under a siege following heavy gunfire and bomb blasts as soldiers attached to the Joint Task Force on Operation Restore Order engage suspected Boko Haram fighters in a bloody duel.
Though details of the attackers and their targets are still sketchy, JTF commander, Col. Dahiru Abdulsalam said there are reports that Boko Haram members were presently hiding out within a primary school.
- Boko Haram claims responsibility for church bombings, says Christians must convert to Islam to have peace (transformationwatch.com)
- Blasts hit northern Nigerian city (bbc.co.uk)
- Dozens Killed in Bomb and Retaliatory Attacks in Northern Nigeria – AllAfrica.com (allafrica.com)
- Gunmen kill four, free prisoners in Yobe (vanguardngr.com)
- Boko Haram: 308 killed in 118 attacks – Minister (thenationonlineng.net)
- 21 killed in attacks on churches in Nigeria (sfgate.com)